Saturday 2 July 2011

To be

Befallen on the widen'd flat,
Was the servil sodden rat,
But on the saem did shoote out we,
The roote of our own miserie.
But why were we on this ground put?
With the vulgar bandicoote
If he were not but so as I
If he were not as eye for eye
For this rat doth so plague us free
As doth question burning me
As who I are and so dost he
And why we all so came to be
He may not be as sundry
As methinketh as doth I
Natheless virtue pricketh me
For so dost thee and so dost he
I cannot but compaer so
Humour of mine and all his four
Whithout sembling, holt and heath
Of courages mine and in his sheath
We drew our courses bothe the twain
We drew our virtue on slate plain
Mine with noble chivalrie
His with base debaucherie,
Twixt bothe lay the bold ensigne
Of one's own granden designe
I could choose and so could he
Of what beast or knight one woulden be
T'is not discerned beyond the erth
Of what natures are or of its birthe
For now I am and so is he
Midst Nature's cosmic symphonie

No comments: